For New Years, Kevin and I brought in 2014 in London. I didn’t want to deal with trying to plan something but at the same time, I didn’t want to feel disappointed if we didn’t do anything, so to avoid all that, we decided to just spend New Year’s Eve in London. It was our third time to London in the past year and a half, so it was the perfect place to go for New Year’s because there was plenty for us to do yet we didn’t feel the need to be rushing around doing touristy stuff since we’ve been there before. Therefore, we did our fair share of relaxing too.
Here are some highlights from our New Years trip to London:
- We stayed atSt. Martins Lane Hotel which is a Morgans Hotel Group hotel. It’s a youthful, eclectic hotel. Last time I stayed at the Sanderson<, which is also a Morgan Hotel Group hotel. I absolutely love the Sanderson, but I’m glad we tried something new and experienced a different location.
- Good, inexpensive noodle dinner close to our hotel at Wagamama
- Afternoon tea at Dean Street Townhouse
- Afternoon tea at The Langham. It was a fancy, really wonderful afternoon tea. The Langham won the Tea Guild Award of Excellence in 2013 by the United Kingdom Tea Council
- SawCharlie and the Chocolate Factory the musicalon West End
- Walked around Convent Garden after the show, had tea at Laduree, and saw some cool holiday things like a Lego snow globe display
- Kevin and I brought in the new year in a pedicab (my first pedicab ride ever actually) on a random street in London after leaving the Thames River where there was a fireworks display because it started raining. Afterward we went back to the hotel and celebrated with some champagne.
- We spent one full day relaxing – we got massages a the spa and ordered in room service
Craziness on the Thames River across from the London Eye right before the New Year[/caption]
London was an absolute blast. I’m so glad that Kevin and I made the decision to bring in the New Year there. Cheers!