2015 was a great year. I took two of the most amazing trips of my life in the same year. Below is a recap of the highlights in my life in 2015.
- Gel nail virgin no more! In 2015 I got my first gel manicure and I treated myself to some fancy nails occasionally throughout the year
- Trip to Australia – I had one of the most amazing trips of my life during a week-long trip to Australia. We went on a rain forest tour in Cairns, stayed on a live-aboard boat scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef for four days, and checked out Sydney
- I saw some cool art and went to some good shows. I found an artist whose work made out of tulle I love, Ifran Onurmen, I went to a Maroon 5 concert, and I saw The Elephant Man starring Bradley Cooper on Broadway
Spring (March, April, May)
- Kevin and I spent our four-year anniversary skiing in Vail, Colorado
- We celebrated Kevin’s 33rd birthday in style with a nice dinner with friends
- We had afternoon tea to celebrate Easter at The Lowell in NYC
- I celebrated my 27th Birthday and Kevin and I took a trip to Puerto Rico where we went scuba diving and kayaking in the bioluminescent bay
- We celebrated Kevin’s friend’s wedding in Mexico
Summer (June, July, Aug)
- Hiking in Minnewaska State Park in New York and picking fruits and vegetables
- Broadway shows and some visitors (Becca & Rob and my mom)
- Independence Day in Michigan and surprising my mom with kittens. Kittens! We got two little nuggets from the same breeder we got Pants and Boots and they are the cutest. This was a special trip. I mean, how often do you get a chance to surprise your parents with two fluffer nutter babies?!
- Runcation in the Poconos. Kevin took things to the next level on his journey in becoming an actual runner. So proud of him
Fall (September, Oct, Nov)
- Wedding in Napa Valley, California for Jeanne and Christopher
- We visited Iceland where we relaxed in the Blue Lagoon, went scuba diving in the Silfra fissure (our first time diving in dry suits), and went lava caving
- Kev and I ran our first 5-mile race at the Poland Springs five-miler race in Central Park
- Kev and I visited Vermont for the first time. We took a tour of the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream factory and we went hiking to see the Fall foliage
- We spent Thanksgiving in San Francisco with Kev’s family
Winter (Dec. ’15)
- I flew to Vegas, my first Vegas trip as an adult, to see Britney Spears in concert. The spa at the Encore was also amazing
- Christmas was spent in Michigan with my family. We rented a large party bus for the family to drive to my Aunt’s. It was also my Grandma’s 80th birthday and my first time meeting baby Frodo Baggins
- Kev and I brought in the New Year in Berlin. It was our first time visiting Berlin.
I had an amazing 2015 and I’m glad I had Kevin, friends and family to enjoy it with. I’m also very fortunate to have taken three big trips to different countries: Australia, Iceland, Germany. If I had to pick, my top two favorite trips out of the dozen or so places Kev and I traveled this year, I would pick Australia and Iceland. They were very different trips, but both countries are beautiful and I had a blast going on the tours and exploring the country.
Cheers to 2016! I hope to have another happy and adventurous year.